London Fashion Week Spring 2009 Trends
London Fashion Week (14th-19th September 2008) revealed some of the spring 2009 trends. These were the most obvious for me; if you noticed other trends feel free to share your findings.
1. Color block: clashing two or three color combinations; hot pink or fuchsia makes a vivid contrast with fluorescent shades of yellow, orange or green.
LF Markey, Josh Goot, Richard Nicoll and Sinha Stanic
2. Denim love: denim sets, shirt-dresses, acid wash, skinny or boyfriend jeans; and distressed denim gets a new meaning at House of Holland.
Charles Anastase, Danielle Scutt, House of Holland, Meadham Kirchhoff and Topshop Unique
3. Origami folds: designer skills lie in amazing 3D clothes that seem to have their own life.
Armand Basi One, Graeme Black, Louise Goldin, Modernist and Nathan Jenden
4. Frills and ruffles: the newest form for ruffles: petals, leaves or circles (in Christopher Kane's case) in cascading tiers which evoke exotic creatures.
Christopher Kane, Go By a Secret Path, Giles, Graeme Black and Temperley London
5. Golden prize: After seasons of silvery hues it is time for gold to come back as instant glamour. Best teamed with nude shades or hues of grey.
Armand Basi One, Issa, Ossie Clark and Vivienne Westwood Red Label
6. Rainbow prints: distorted rainbows and colorful puzzle at Basso&Brooke make more impact on long dresses and jumpsuits.
Basso & Brooke, Peter Pilotto, Josh Goot, Marios Schwab and Jaeger London